Step Up, Speak Out! - Dementia & The Working Caregiver
The Working Caregiver
“While many companies meet the needs of working moms and dads, "working caregivers" hasn't quite entered the office vocabulary. The secrecy, frantic calls to find last-minute care, and the frustration and fear that grows as you try to do it all without letting your employer see you sweat — or more likely, cry. As caregivers, we can’t do it alone”.
Step Up, Speak Out!
Step Up, Speak Out! is a forum for caregivers and experts to come together to share their journey and gain insights on how to care better for themselves and their loved ones with dementia. The aim of the forum is to build knowledge, understanding and support around the topic so that caregivers will feel empowered to step out to look for help.
** Please register and find more details for the MBSR programme here. Limited slots are available, registration will close when all slots are filled up. The 4-week Caregiver MBSR Programme is offered complimentary to all Step Up, Speak Out! participants and Project We Forgot community members. Participants should complete at least 3 out of 4 classes (including 1st and 4th class) to complete the course.
- 10.00am - Registration
- 10.15am - The Icebreaker & Welcome
- 10.30am - Step up: The Caregiver's Voice / The Sharing of Experiences from Working Caregivers
- 11.30am - Break
- 11.45am - Speak Out: The Community Voice / A panel of experts discussing available programmes and options for supporting caregivers
- 12.45pm - Wrap Up / Close
- 1.00pm - Lunch + Mix & Mingle!
- 2.00pm - Kick-off: The 4-Week Caregiver Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Programme / Led by MindFi**
Panelists will discuss past experiences, challenges, and anxieties faced while balancing career aspirations with their caregiving responsibilities.
- Have you been able, or dare to come out as a caregiver in the workplace?
- How do you talk about caregiving at work? Can you?
- What are some struggles you face while balancing work life with
- Financial Stability or Flexible Work?
The Community Voice: What Support is Out There for Caregivers?
A panel of experts from community services will discuss and educate audience members on existing support programmes and options for caregivers.
- What dementia support services are there for caregivers and their loved ones?
- What are my financial aid options?
- How do I manage work, family relationships and my role as a caregiver?
- Organised by Project We Forgot
- MBSR led by MindFi
- Special thanks to Core Collective for hosting us!
- Powered by the National Youth Council Singapore
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM SGT
- Core Collective Singapore
Standard (Lunch Included) $10.00
On sale until Mar 3, 2018, 9:00:00 AM
- Venue Address
- 79 Anson Rd, Singapore 079906 Singapore
Project We Forgot469 Followers